Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sanfrancisco 2008

I am a little late on getting this post up.....but better late than never! Jake's parents took the whole family to San Francisco September 26-29 to go see a Raider game. It was a ton of fun and we got to see some pretty neat things. This was my first trip to the big city so I was in awww the entire time!

The first day we got there we went to Pier 39 and explored the sites (I know I sound like a total tourist).

Jake and Josh decided to try this bungy thing on the Pier. Jake was really good at it but they were both tired by the time the guy stopped them.

Jake's sister Nicole, Matt & Justin

All the sea lions at the warf. They were loud and goofy!

We ate dinner at Bubba Gumps on the Pier.

The next day we went to Alcatraz! It was very intriging. They gave us MP3 players to listen to as they guided us through the Federal Penitentiary. I can't believe the history of this place and the size of the cells. What a great idea for a prison....I wish they still used it.

Justin loved the prison. He had a ton of fun going in cells and getting his picture taken.


This is a great view as we were leaving!

San Francisco in the background as we head back.

After Alcatraz we went downtown to eat at the Cheesecake Factory. It is on the top story of the Macy's building, so while we waited for a table Jake, Josh and I went through all the floors of Macys.

After dinner we went to a Giants Baseball game. It was really neat to see the stadium that Barry Bonds hit many of his home runs out of. They were playing the L.A. Dodgers so it was a really good game! A fight even broke out in the middle of the game.

RAIDER GAME
Our last day there was spent at the Raider game! This is the whole family dressed like true fans. We had awesome seats. We were right behind the team, three rows up! It was a really fun game even though the Raiders blew it in the 2nd half! They played the Chargers. This was the last day for Coach Kiffin because Al Davis fired him the next day!
We went into the game a couple hours early so we got to see the teams warming up. It was also a great opportunity for pictures!

Justin did so good at the game! Here he is playing football with Uncle Jake!

Nicole & I

Matt, Nicole & Justin before the game in the tailgate area.

Yeah, he is a little scary looking. These people go all out when it comes to Raider "spirit."

Jake, me & Josh before the game.

Yes, this is the guy you see on tv all the time. Kind of funny how I got this picture. I told Jake I was going to get a picture with the "spikes" guy. He just laughed and said ok. I get almost to him when I get stopped by a security gaurd and he tells me to go back to my seat. Well I didn't really like that answer so I sought other means. I walked around to where I could yell at the "spikes" guy and asked if I could come get a picture with him. He told me to come on over. So when the security gaurd stopped me this time I told him the "spikes" guy told me to come down to his seat....and the security gaurd grimmiced and let me pass! So I got the picture like I wanted!! It was really funny! Jake just watched and said "only you could pull that off." Must be my charm!!

This is one of my favorite pictures! I think we look cute in our jerseys. It was a great game!

After the game we decided to go to Ghirardelli Square. We had a great trip! I just have to say that we were very thankful to have Matt drive us around in San Francisco. He did so well in all the traffic and with everyone from the backseat yelling at him to do this and that and go here and there. If it weren't for his driving skills we would not have gotten to see as much as we did in the short time we were there.

Thanks Craig and Jackie for taking us on a great vacation! We really enjoyed it.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

You updated your blog! I really like looking at your pictures. It reminds me what a fun time we all had. We'll have to plan another "family" vacation!
Love, Mom

Nicole said...

So I really did post on this earlier, I don't know what happened!!! Anyway, I love the post. It was really fun seeing you and Jake this weekend!