Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring Break 2009

For those of you that do not live in Montana (or surrounding states) we are still getting snow!! This is what Jake and I did over the last spring break we will ever have!

Jake and his little brother went out shooting gophers a few weekends ago and found this little skull. I thought is was a great representation of Montana!

Jake went to Dillon on Thursday to work for his dad for the weekend. I made it to town on Friday night and spent all day Saturday sewing with my mom. She is working on a quilt for my youngest brother Garrett.

As you can see it is very detailed and very beautiful. I never knew how much work and time went into making a quilt, but after seeing it I will appreciate every quilt I ever receive (hint hint).

On Sunday, Garrett and I went skiing at Maverick Mountain. The snow was absolutely amazing!! They didn't groom the mountain so there was about 8 inches of fresh powder. This was the first time I skied all season and it makes me want to go more. We had so much fun!!


This is a pic of how much snow there was! It snowed the entire day.


My dad and mom came up to eat lunch with us and while we were visiting Garrett left me in the lodge and went for two runs without me. He completely wore me out! We would get off the chair lift and then he would not stop until we got to the bottom of the mountain. I had to remind him that am not young enough to keep up with him anymore and that he needed to stop at least once for me!!


While I was out skiing Jake was working. Jake and his dad were trying to get things ready to head to Utah and work on his sister's basement.

We went to Salt Lake for a few days while the guys worked on Nicole's basement. The whole time we were there, Jake tried to get Justin to wear his face mask as a hat. Finally, he did and loved it! This was his favorite new toy for a few hours.

Jake was trying to work cutting trim and doing base while I made him smile for a picture. He is very talented and quite the perfectionist! All the trim he did looked great!



On Friday, I drove to Sandy and spent the day with Kate. We had a sushi lunch and then hung out and visited for the whole day. It is so good to get together with good friends that we never get to see!

On our way home we stopped and ate in Idaho Falls at the Olive Garden for my birthday! I really wish we had one in Missoula!

When I got home my mom had made a cake for me. We had cake and opened presents. All in all it was a really low key birthday but still nice. Thanks everyone!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I just saw you had a new post! I love that picture of Justin. I am glad he finally forgot about the hat!!! At least school is almost over now! Good luck with finals.